I have done some more upgrades on the car. I have added the side vents and also added a front bug defector. before they installed the bug defector they went ahead and gave me a clear coat protection on the front end to make it easier to clean the bugs and road debris of the front end. I was looking into the clear front end cover from 3m but it’s a little pricy for me. I also had a friend tint my windows . SWEET!!! check out the pics below..
I just received my new 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback last Friday and have been running around town in it lately here are some pics.
check the pics out.sweet. I got the yellow blaze metallic color. it will shift different yellows in the light because of the metallic in the paint. sweet. love driving it. here are some things about it
- spunky and fast
- fun to drive
- keyless locks and ignition. keep fob in pocket walk up to the locked door touch the handle and it will unlock, then sit inside put foot on break and push start button and zoom your off.
- have heated leather seats
- auto headlights
- auto wipers, yes auto just have them on and when it rains the sensor on windshield detects the rain and the wipers will automatically turn on, sweet
- I have the 5 door hatch. put down the back seats and my two dogs fit in the back no problem. they are viszlas and about 80 lbs. dogs but they have room to roam in.
- heated side mirrors, auto dimmer rearview mirror
- have full my sync navigation system
- Sony 10 speaker ultimate stereo system
- gas mileage is twice a better than my truck.
- front seat bottoms could be a little bigger. I’m not a big guy but I kind of slouch when I sit and I need to get use to the smaller seats
- have locked up my navigation system 3 times in one day
- navigation is not that all wonderful my little Garmin is a lot easier to set up destinations and poi then the fords system. of course I was to get booklet on navigation but I don’t have one yet will get one Monday to see about programing the nav system, read a couple of articles online and what I found so far is that you can’t program the nav system from outside source. boo, I can set up my Garmin on my pc then transfer the settings over to the unit with no hassle hope to be able to that with my ford nav.
- since I have automatic transmission you get a slight delay when driving. this is due to the trans being an electronic trans and it has to calculate which gear to be in for the best gas mileage.
- even though I get twice the gas mileage of 30+ mpg on my new car vs. 16 mpg on my old explorer. I still get about the same distance with a full tank. this is so because my car has a 12 gallon tank but my old suv had a 22 gallon tank. but in the long run I get the same distance but half the price
- when switch from radio to nav to phone or from station to station there is pauses that they sync system has. for a system that is pretty well advanced it seems to be on the slow side like they need to boost the memory on the system or use bigger cpu’s.
overall so far I really like the car. I can get adjusted to the smaller seats but the only compliant would be the sync system with navigation. they still need to make some better tweaks in the software for it to run better. I am also having a hitch put on it to carry my bike rack and I thought that now I need to get a little utility trailer. since I don’t have a truck any more I would need something to carry my wood, drywall, big odds and ends that wont fit into the smaller car now. I also am having a roof rack for the same reason put on. on the roof rack I am having the kayak adapter installed for within next month I will be buying a kayak for this summer. another hobby I am trying to get into. spend about $1000 on new equipment and hopefully will save me on thousands for having something cheap to do for the summer. more n the kayak when I get it.
well i wrote awhile back about my EVO turning into a brick. i thought i posted an update when i got it back but i guess not. or i just screwed something up again while i have been updating my WP. well i got a new one 24 hrs later . they had to overnight it for they had non in stock. as i was standing waiting for everything to be done i noticed i wasn’t the only one with a brick. i always say if you gotta have the first of everything expect to be the first to break down. well the new one works great. the newest update dose not brick the phone and works great. i love this phone. i have a couple of games and i have been completely addicted to them. the video is great and i have it sync. to my ford explorer. the sync for my ford and the EVO is really cool. i never had done the hands free cell before. i love when the phone rings the car stereo turns the volume to the phone. so i can answer the phone and hear everything. last time with out syncing my phone will ring and if i had the stereo cranked up i would miss the call. no more missed calls now(unless i want to hehehe:) cant wait for the android 2.2 to come out. part of the up date gave the EVO network wireless n capabilities. this is great i was driving while a program was downloading and when i came to a stop i was in front of a free WiFi area. my phone automatically switched to that WiFi, logged on and continued to download at a faster rate. cool…. well have to go. if any body wants to advertise for free for this year send me an email for 125×125 rotating spots or 160×600 spots. free for the rest of 2010.